Allah Maha Baik

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lengkuas Island: the Old Tower

I am going to the next remarkable place, a smaller island located in Belitung. Well, it's only an island after all, with an old tower standing over there. The name of the island lead me to the spices in the kitchen. Lengkuas or galangal comes from Alpinia Galanga in latin, is a friend of turmeric and ginger in making a nice and tasty dish. Hehe, I love this idea. I wonder the name is unusual, I can't find any galangal planted in this island. The shape is not as galangal as well. So, I still can't figure this out.


The point of interest is of course the tower. I'd love to say the Two Tower like in Lord of the Ring, but the tower is only one. Actually it was a lighthouse guiding fishermen or captains of a ship in the former ages. Now, it's only a historical monument. If you want to see a complete amazing view around the island, you should come upstair. At the highest of the tower, you can feel the smooth breeze and also the precious scene ever.





To come here, you need to rent a boat. Enjoy the scenery of the island also deep inside the sea with your friends or partner. Have a nice holiday.








2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, the name is not always describing itself.. Like "put" doesn't describe farting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, I can see how name doesn"t always describe a person :) U are right then. Let's guess that one day there was a helicopter which crashed then fell into that island..(at that time the helicopter was filled by galangal). Tada, does it make sense, sir?

    ReplyDelete