Allah Maha Baik

Friday, November 18, 2016

Watching A Classical Concert

A concert? Hmm, never thought about buying a ticket or watching it at all. The reason is simple, the price is always unreasonable and the place will be so far from my home sweet home. But, here, in this city, those events are all possible. The prices of tickets are expensive but being a student means something else. There are many discounted events or branded shopping labels available. Just show your students ID then enjoy all those items.

Then, I was there, sitting in a row with many British people who love classic. Most of them really dressed properly, gown and high heels with beautiful hairstyles. I smiled, then looked my simple appearance, too casual since I just went back from classroom then baking class. My coat still smelled chocolate a little bit. Hmm...

Before entering the concert hall, I stood in line for printing my ticket. I booked my ticket online and printed it on the spot. I could choose to print it by myself but I had no time going to the library for printing. After getting mine, I observed carefully people around me. Some of them talked to each other, some drank champagne on the corner, some queued for a cup of coffee. Then, going to the hall, you have to show your ticket and those uniform ladies will check yours and let you in. I sat in G9 which was quite close to the stage. But still my short height made me in disadvantageous, I had to stand on my tiptoes sometime. I could not take a picture, not even dare to because everyone was so quiet and deeply absorbed in the situation. I guess this was the normal atmosphere of watching a classic concert, people wanted you to be silent and focus. I can't be a nuisance by flashing my camera here and there in order to record that moment. 

At 7.30 sharp, the twelve young guys and ladies came out to the middle of the stage. They bowed and started their beautiful rhythm. Honestly, I was not engaged very well with this kind of songs although I stood for it when talking about how music can improve concentration in learning or help the baby growth. So, the music started then, took my heart away. Sometimes I followed their tune by stamping my feet. Sometimes I almost fell asleep when the tune became slow and sad. Then an hour had passed, everybody gave a long applause, clapping their hand continuously for their gorgeous performance. Maybe, I will see another concert other time.

And now I am listening some Mozart which is really not me. Hhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment