Allah Maha Baik

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Defining Beauty

I do want to believe an old saying: Beauty is only skin deep. That it doesn't matter how your physical appearance is, as long as you are a kind and nice person, you are going to be valued. I guess that's also the way I teach my students, instead of focusing on changing things about their physic which are most likely permanent, why don't they try to improve their ability in getting a good heart and soul or a brilliant brain.

I don't know, did I do it wrong? Since recently I get along with many young beautiful women from many different countries. They do care about their brain, of course, unless they won't stay in a demanding postgraduate class, and amazingly they also take care of their good looks by different reasons. Some are intended to date a handsome bule (which are everywhere in our context, easier to find a Legolas look here, really), some are doing it for being loved by their boys, husbands, or parents, and others do that intentionally for their health. I love the latest reason, although perhaps I was quite unsure about it.

I was like being slapped tonight by the fact that I never realized before. People do care about beauty and expect to get the most beautiful one by their version. If not, why is it easier to find various cosmetics from the cheapest until the high quality branded one everywhere. If beauty is really skin deep, people won't bother spending a lot of money to fix their undesirable acne, black spot, hair fall, or colored skin. Also, the plastic surgery or those plastic surgeons won't be popular as well.

Sometimes, I tend to live easily with a peaceful mind, thinking that surely I don't need to do that useless makeup. I love using creams, just to make my skin healthier but more than that, I didn't make that much effort. Why should prove that you have a glowing face skin only to be loved? I thought if I could accept people the way they are, they are supposed to do the same. Maybe I was too naive in this case. People do care about looks, no exception. So, better for me to stay with some folks who think about some other valuable things in life to pursue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment