Allah Maha Baik

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bujang Dayang Beltim: A Presentation

I was quite shocked when a friend of mine called me to be the speaker for this kind of contest. Well, i have become the juries of debate, story telling or speech, but for beauty contest, that's something new.

Today was the first step. I was a bit nervous at first, thinking what should i say in such occasion. Well, since the class isn't about beauty itself, so I made it. Preparing materials by reopening many books. Hello, I've been too long sticking with the same books, or let's say I am just so picky recently, reading similar genre for the purpose is only entertaining myself.

Let's go back. I made the presentation only in a shiny afternoon, around three hours focus. See, it's not that hard actually. Then, yeah I need to practise somehow. Isn't it making a lot of differences? So, as I said before I read for digging more information about the content of my presentation.

I arrived at the hotel exactly at 3.30. The committee asked to come at that time. But the previous speaker was still there, so I needed to wait for a half an hour. I found those finalist of the contest. The two of them will be the ambassador of tourism for this island. As you know, they are all young, beautiful, tall, and smart. Love to see them :) 
 

So, at 4 I started my part, asking them to learn English in a fun way. Having fun is mostly my priority in delivering my idea :p. I thought it would be though, but what a relief they are more than better. Some of them are actively involved while some are listening, I hope that means they get what I meant. Two hours is not enough, we need more but the day is almost over. I wish they can follow the idea when they come to the final night :)


*Thanks for the pointer my lovely husband, I could move everywhere I wanted ({})

No comments:

Post a Comment