Allah Maha Baik

Friday, August 16, 2013

Embarrasing

I felt so embarrassed that night.

It was August 14 that I had that long journey to get back to work. I preferred using smaller car to bus since I got to chase a flight the next day. Then here the story came. I sat next to the driver, a silly one. At first, he seemed to ask for a nice and long chit chat (I m sure that because of an act of prevention for not to sleep along the 8 hours drive). Then, the talk became not nice at all since the driver looked like to know more about my personal life. The driver is a he, and he is absolutely not married yet. I did that odd mistake. I rarely lie, especially for strangers, how could? But, for the sake of my safety, I started to lie a little I thought but it came bigger at the end.

When his question was about my status, I simply said that I am a married woman. Then he wanted to know more (I thought it would stop that silly talk but it was too late, he was so curious). I had to say that I am a mother of a cute baby. He asked where was my husband, then I answered he had gone first because of his undeniable job. Well, it's already a long lie, um? Definitely, and I started to feel bad. Lying doesn't work with me.

Because the situation was not good at all, I pretended to sleep until I really slept for the rest of the journey. Then, we had to stop at the restaurant for having rest and dinner, I met another guy on the way to toilet. And you know what, he was my junior at school. To make it worse, he was sitting at the very back of the car where I lied that night. He smiled and asked some light question, but I did know he listened to every lie that I made. He lived not too far from my house and of course he certainly knew who am I or my status. He didn't do any good because when he talked to the driver he explained (nor needed actually) who I am. The driover didn't clarify but he started to act like "hello I am an available guy". Oh no, I felt really absolutely positively embarrassed and bad at the same time.

Embarrassing, ugghh can't even forget that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment