Allah Maha Baik

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sail Tomini: A School Visit

There is always a 'sail ...' event passing the island I am living in. This year is Sail Tomini, I am sure it is somewhere around east of Indonesia, like Wakatobi or Raja Ampat.

A little bit different from years before, there is a formal school visit this year. Last year, I only met two sailors ( can I say sailor anyway?). Well, all these foreigners live in the sea, simply reminds me to a book of Ernest Hemingway which unluckily still unfinished read status, yet. They were american and they were spouses, so we just shared one another in a small group of students.

Today was awesome because everyone could get involved. Some of them came to our school, to observe the school, look around I bet. We were well-prepared as a result of an order to do so. So, there were many performances from our cool students. I am thinking to open an art school, like Dream High thing, because my students are great artists.

We welcomed them with poetry, "pantun" that made them a bit confused, hoho..it won't be easy to understand. Then Beripat Dance, Campak Dance, and Antu Bubu. I guess everybody was having fun, I hope so.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment